Help us make a difference in young girls' lives
Part-time Administrative Assistant
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Fire & Flower family. This position is made possible through Canada Summer Jobs and designated for a youth age 15-30. Priority will be given to Indigenous & racialized youth.
This is a part-time position for 20 hours a week starting immediately and terminating after 14 weeks. The role is funded via the Canada Summer Jobs program, with compensation set at $15.20/hr.
Work hours are flexible and primarily performed at home, with regular weekly check-ins with supervising staff. Some in-person support will be required during summer programs.
- Represent Fire & Flower in a professional, confident and friendly manner in both written and verbal communications with clients
- Manage organization’s social media including generating suitable content, program outreach & promotion
- Coordinate summer program registrations & logistics
- Research and apply for funding opportunities in collaboration with other board members
- Design and distribute promotional e-newsletters
- Assist Executive Director in designing curriculum documents
- Experience the Fire & Flower magic by assisting an in-person programs
First and foremost, a passion for girls empowerment, as well as knowledge or interest in rites of passages and/or nature connection
Current enrolment or completion of post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Administration or a related field preferred, but not necessary
Familiarity and comfort with a variety of software and online tools, especially Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Facebook, Instagram, and MailChimp
Experience in administration and/or grant writing & research are major assets
Strong team player and positive attitude
Strong organizational and communication skills